Independent Day School
The Independent Day School's mission states, ''By knowing students deeply both as individuals and learners, IDS inspires a community of independent thinkers who are resilient and confident to take risks as they connect with others in the joyful pursuit of learning.''
The Independent Day School is an Early Childhood – Grade 8 school located in Middlefield. Founded in 1961 by families associated with Wesleyan University and Choate, IDS has a long tradition of innovative, student-centered education focused on academic excellence and social-emotional learning. The Independent Day School is committed to discovering, cultivating, and celebrating diversity in its many forms throughout our community and seeks to foster an atmosphere of personal and cross-cultural curiosity.
Quick facts about IDS:
* Co-ed, non-profit, non-sectarian day school
* Students come to IDS from 29 Connecticut towns
* Student population: 130
* Dedicated, highly educated faculty
* Students of color represent 31% of the enrollment
* 33 acres of woodlands, wetlands, fields, and gardens