Altrusa International of Central CT, Inc
We make our community better through leadership, partnership and service.
Join us and other community leaders as we assess and address the needs of our community. We use our leadership abilities, contacts and commitment to community service to make where we live an even better place.
Locally, our projects focus on Literacy for All Ages and promoting Good Health and Good Will.
• Make A Difference Day
• School community service awards
• ABC=Altrusa Books for Children-Community
• Pack the Pickup with Proteins for the Pantry
• Female Soldiers: Forgotten Heroes (female veterans)
• Senior Citizens' Poetry Contest and Reception - encouraging our seniors to share their stories and talents via poetry
• Hungry Babies are NOT an illusion - collecting purchased and donated baby food, formula and diapers for over 30 years
Altrusa has been active in Central Connecticut since 1956. Our projects may have changed over the years, but our dedication to developing leaders, encouraging volunteers and organizing service projects has not
Altrusa of Central Connecticut leads to a better community through hands-on service chosen specifically to meet the needs of our locale. We have flexible opportunities for service and appreciate the value of our members' time. Our club welcomes individuals from diverse backgrounds and experiences who share our common goals and provides many opportunities for career / leadership development through community service.
*We have a 501-C3 Foundation; all donations are tax deductible