WESLEYAN RJ JULIA BOOKSTORE
POSITION: STORE MANAGER
LOCATION: MIDDLETOWN, CT
We are looking for a results-driven professional to supervise all operations of Wesleyan RJ Julia Bookstore. This position is responsible for planning and managing all day-to-day operations of the bookstore while supervising staff and providing customer service to students, faculty, staff, and community members. This is a great opportunity to lead and grow a dynamic retail location in its still-early years.
Wesleyan RJ Julia Bookstore offers textbooks, course materials, and trade books, technology, school supplies, clothing, regalia, and gifts. The Store Manager must be knowledgeable of and a resource for all departments, model exceptional customer service, drive sales, and be a skillful problem solver. This position works closely with Wesleyan University colleagues, the Greater Middletown community and its leaders, and the RJ Julia Booksellers operations management team.
- Direct staff in the performance of all bookstore day-to-day operations.
- Supervise staff and cashiering functions.
- Complete or supervise all store opening and closing procedures daily.
- Hire and train employees as needed. Provide ongoing training/education opportunities for staff.
- Coordinate operational aspects which include staff scheduling, adjusting the store's physical layout, and ensuring that textbooks and merchandise are appropriately available.
- Execute merchandising standards, promotion standards, and create displays.
- Direct and assist in developing new policies and procedures.
- Prepare administrative and operational reports as required. Compile data for end-of-month reporting.
- Maintain store appearance and cleanliness.
- Prepare and complete bookstore merchandise and textbooks for physical (manual and/or automated) inventories.
- Assist customers.
- Other related duties as required.
- At least three years of college bookstore or retail management experience including personnel supervision, fundamental accounting, purchasing, and inventory control.
- Significant experience using a Point of Sales-system required.
- Leadership experience to direct and develop a workforce of sales associates/booksellers.
- Excellent interpersonal skills essential.
- Good organizational skills and ability to work well with the public essential.
- Must be able to work independently.
- Must be able to coordinate well with the bookstore accounting office and textbook managers.
To apply, please send a brief cover letter which describes your relevant experience and copy of your resume to Lori Fazio, Chief Operating Officer, at email@example.com.