Responsible for providing outstanding and professional customer service to ensure efficiency and promote a positive patient experience. Warmly greets and checks-in arriving patients. Evaluates priority and directs patients appropriately according to urgency and subject matter. Ensures patients have a comfortable and inviting environment by maintaining a clean lobby. Remains polite and courteous at all times. Additional administrative duties as outlined in Position Responsibilities and Expectations.
Minimum Qualification Requirements
A high school diploma or GED equivalency; three (3) years general secretarial experience; or a two-year business degree with one-year secretarial experience. Must possess effective communication skills. Competency in basic medical assisting skills, interacting with patients, and an ability to assess and communicate psychological observations. Positive, customer-focused approach, with commitment to providing excellent patient care. Proven ability to work effectively in a team environment. Experience with Electronic Medical Records preferred, strong computer skills and a solid working knowledge of Microsoft Office Software. Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
Position Responsibilities and Expectations
- Answering telephone in a polite and timely manner, screening phone calls to ensure caller is transferred to dept./person, retrieves messages, distributes voice mail messages and faxes to appropriate staff
- Check-in desk duties: Verify patient information and direct patient to staff member according to instructions indicated in “Hold” message; performing BAC’s, obtaining patients signature on lab slips; label specimens as required; instruct patient to provide U/A (and supervise when required); reading temperature of U/A’s, accepting U/A’s, placing patients in medicating queue (pressing F12),preparing U/A’s for transport to Lab; processing instant U/A’s and entering results in patients’ medical record; providing missing information on ADL lab slip and returning to lab for processing; re-stocking supplies in preparation for the next day, closing check-in desk and sending out end of day reports accordingly; maintaining inventory of ADL supplies and ordering accordingly
- Administrative/Billing duties: Collects fees and records payments; coordinates accounts receivable to include the billing and insurance authorization processes; photographs clients and prepares client ID cards; electronically prepares medical records for new admissions and accompanying information; processes client refunds; typing for clinic staff members including correspondence to outside agencies; interoffice memorandums, etc.; participating in clinical staff meetings; taking minutes at staff meetings; DDAP processing for DMHAS client tracking requirements admissions and discharges; completes client fee contracts; updates lobby boards; process late letters on a timely basis; performs any other clerical/secretarial or technical duties as directed.
- Reports: daily reconciliation client fee reports; patient test status reports; weekly fee reports, monthly client collateral tracking report and other data collection and reports as requested by the clinic supervisor.
- Office Supplies and IOP Supplies: order supplies according to monthly amount budgeted, maintains inventory and keeps a neat and clean supply area/room
M,T,Th 1-9 pm; W,F 8am-4pm
Full-time - 35 hours