Reports to: VP of Youth Development and Community Relations
FLSA Status: Non Exempt
The Teen Coordinator is responsible for coordinating, supervising, and facilitating all teen programs at the YMCA, which include, but are not limited to STORMY Nights, the Youth Basketball League, Andre’s Allstars, Teen Leaders, and Gym Supervision.
- Develops and maintains engaging new activity and enrichment programs that continue to meet the changing needs and demands of local teens.
- Directs and supervises teen classes to meet YMCA objectives. Expands Y program offerings and participation in programs within the community.
- Create and build a strong community for the teen population via special events, series and workshops.
- Collaborate with community organizations (Youth Service Bureau, Community Health Center, Wesleyan) in order to strengthen existing programs and develop new programs.
- Create a teen leaders club at the YMCA.
- Provide supervision of members in the gymnasium.
- Assists in YMCA fund raising activities and special events.
- Maintains clean, organized and safe program facilities.
- Ability to create curriculum and trainings that facilitate age appropriate skills.
- All other miscellaneous duties and projects as assigned by supervisor.
This position directly impacts the development of current and future members of the YMCA. Furthermore, the incumbent will ensure that the program is safe, innovative, diverse, enjoyable, and serves to build character in the participants.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
The qualified candidate will be at least 20 years of age with experience in youth and program development. The candidate must have work or life experience that demonstrates leadership abilities, a desire to work with and motivate teens and adults, and a personal commitment to the qualities of caring, honesty, respect and responsibility.
- Must maintain CPR/AED certifications
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES/KNOW HOW:
- Must possess strong interpersonal, organizational, and supervisory skills.
- Understand the relationship of the general public to the association, of staff to volunteer, and of staff to staff, and be able to effectively enhance and cultivate those relationships.
- Ability to interpret, carry out & implement into classes/programs, the mission and goals of the YMCA.
- Ability to supervise staff & volunteers while actively handling a variety of functions at the same time.
- Work as an integral member of a staff team.
- Ability to communicate effectively with adults, youth, teens, seniors and special populations.
- Computer literate.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- While performing functions of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk and hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25lbs. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- The employee is expected to adhere to all Northern Middlesex YMCA policies and to act as a role model in the adherence to YMCA policies.
- I understand that my employment at the Northern Middlesex YMCA is on an “at-will” basis and is for no definite period and may, regardless of the date or method of payment of wages or salary, be terminated at any time with or without cause and with or without notice. Other than the president of the Northern Middlesex YMCA, no supervisor, manager, or other person, irrespective of title or position, has authority to alter the at-will status of my employment or to enter into any employment contract for a definite period of time with me. Any agreement altering my at-will employment status must be in writing and signed by the president of the Northern Middlesex YMCA. Equally, employees are free to terminate their employment at any time for any reason.
Click here to apply https://www.paycomonline.net/v4/ats/web.php/jobs/ViewJobDetails?job=7691&clientkey=62422C71F83793350F23C6DFD28236EF