School Age Site Director
The Northern Middlesex YMCA is currently seeking an ASE Grant Funded Site Director to join our team.
Middletown, CT 06457
So who are we looking for?
An upbeat, engaging, creative, action orientated candidate with a passion for the Y that loves working with children! This is a tremendous opportunity to greatly impact the lives of children and families through YMCA programs. We are looking for an experienced School Age Child Care leader to help create, facilitate, and implement curriculum, processes, and strategies that will provide an exceptional Y experience for our children, parents, and families.
SKILLS, POSITION REQUIREMENTS AND COMPETENCIES
- Must be at least 20 years of age with 540 hours of experience working with school age children and 12 college credits in child development, education, or a related field or a four year degree and 270 hours of experience.
- Certified State of Connecticut Head Teacher for School Age Childcare Programs or the ability to obtain within the first 90 days of employment.
- Full Time (Hourly), 40 hours per week.
- Regular attendance at monthly staff meetings and professional development workshops as well as 8 hours annually of training outside of YMCA sponsored training.
- Previous experience managing grant funding programming including, but not limited to, grant data management and reporting, grant staff team management, and hands on community program work preferred.
- Current First Aid and CPR Certification, and Administration of Medication Training (Injectables and Oral).
- Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation to move from one program site to another program site when necessary.
1. Supervision of program staff.
2. Provide a caring, comfortable, physically and emotionally safe environment for the children in the program.
3. Plan, organize, and implement age appropriate educational, recreational, and enrichment activities.
4. Daily communication with parents regarding their child as well as highlights of the program.
5. Handle Administrative Tasks such as maintaining staff and child files, handing in required monthly paperwork, maintaining documentation of behavior concerns, etc.
6. Foster and Maintain a Positive Working Relationship with School Personnel.
7. Outreach within school community that allows children and parents to feel a sense of belonging to the YMCA.
8. Ensure that all State and Local Health Department Regulations are maintained and you are knowledgeable on all Office of Early Childhood regulations.
9. Ensure that Program Follows all Kids' Korner and YMCA Policies.
10. Site Director will transition to Camp Counselor Leadership position during summer months to provide a fun and engaging summer for children in the community.
- Excellent Communication skills: Verbal and Written.
- Creativity, excellent organizational skills, and willing to be a team player.
- Ability to be self-motivated and take initiative.
- Strong problem-solving, analytic, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Basic computer skills in Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Strong work ethic, enthusiasm and confidence.
The YMCA strives to deliver positive change in communities throughout the Gateway Region. Every day, our staff -- of all ages, backgrounds and life experiences -- works to bridge the gaps in community needs by nurturing the potential of children and teens, improving individuals' health and well-being and providing support to our neighbors.
The Northern Middlesex YMCA is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, and training. The Northern Middlesex YMCA makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.
Starting at $17.00 per hour.
HOW TO APPLY: https://www.paycomonline.net/v4/ats/web.php/jobs/ViewJobDetails?job=36518&clientkey=62422C71F83793350F23C6DFD28236EF