Director of Development and Community Outreach
Reports to: President & CEO
Reporting to the President & CEO, the Director of Development and Community Outreach will spearhead development, marketing, and community outreach efforts as the Community Foundation of Middlesex County continues to grow. The Director will have the opportunity to build and expand this important role for the Community Foundation.
- Develop and execute, with the President & CEO, the Community Foundation’s annual fundraising and communications plans.
- Secure financial support and sponsorships from individuals, foundations, and corporations and manage all administrative aspects of such efforts.
- Create and execute a strategy for a sustained base of annual individual donors.
- Oversee all aspects of special events, including fundraising, communications, and volunteer coordination.
- Expand and oversee the Community Foundation’s Leadership Circle efforts.
- Establish an effective outreach and communications program for current and prospective donors and supporters.
- Oversee grant solicitations including research, proposal writing, and reporting requirements.
- Expand the planned giving program.
- Oversee creation of marketing publications to support fundraising and outreach activities; create and maintain gift recognition programs.
- Manage the relevant component of the FIMS processing/fundraising database and tracking system.
- Staff Board Development and Marketing/Communications Committee meetings.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree; minimum of 5 years’ experience in development.
- Must embrace the mission of the Community Foundation.
- Possess the skills to work with and motivate staff, Board members, and other volunteers.
- Be a “self-starter” and goal driven to initiate and expand donor and community outreach initiatives.
- Be organized and exhibit “follow through” on tasks and goals.
- Display a positive, professional, customer service attitude; show concern for people and community; demonstrate presence, self-confidence, common sense and good listening skills.
- Be committed to providing high quality service to donors, colleagues, volunteers, grantees, and the community at large.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Exceptional computer skills; thorough knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook. Experience with data bases necessary, as well as the ability to learn new applications with minimal supervision.
- Experience with Constant Contact and social media vehicles, particularly in the business or nonprofit arenas.
- Strong knowledge of office procedures and the ability to prioritize and manage a great variety of tasks and projects.
- Ability to assume responsibilities on a proactive basis.
- Desire to work in a team-based, collegial, hands-on, fast paced environment.
- Ability to think creatively and find new and innovative approaches to reaching out to donors, sponsors and the community-at-large.
President and CEO
49 Main Street
Middletown, CT 06457
The Community Foundation of Middlesex County is an Equal Opportunity employer. Personnel are chosen on the basis of ability without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, marital status or sexual orientation, in accordance with federal and state law.
For more information about the Community Foundation of Middlesex County, please visit our website: