Direct Care Worker
Direct Care Workers/Recovery Assistants provide a range of supportive services to individuals in a home and community-based setting. Our individuals receive services via various programs we offer, including elder care (companion, homemaker, personal care assistance), mental health and recovery assistant, as well as in-home support for individuals with developmental disabilities or an acquired brain injury.
In this position you will have an opportunity to work with the individual through a range of supportive assistance including, but not limited to, the following:
- Conversing with the individual and providing support, companionship, and other needed resources for daily living.
- Establish and maintain a helpful and supportive relationship with the participant through effective communication.
- Teach and assist individual to accomplish provided recovery plan goals.
- Continued communication to immediate supervisor and other agency representatives through daily progress reports.
- Using own car or public transportation to accompany client to medical/health appointments or various social activities as outlined in recovery plan.
- Light housekeeping
- Ability to lift 15 pounds
- Experience in the health care field providing direct care, or strong customer service.
- Responsible and dependable staff with a passion for helping others.
- Reliable transportation, valid driver's license and current automobile insurance.
- Competitive compensation
- Great management support
- Great growth opportunities within the company
- Staff training
Knowledge and Critical Skills/Expertise Required:
- High school diploma or GED
- Oral and written communication
- Reading comprehension
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Critical Thinking
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, pregnancy, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, disability, military status, genetic predisposition or carrier status or any other legally protected characteristic.
ADA: The employer will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. FLSA: This position is considered Exempt in relation to the pay provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act. EEO/AA: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, pregnancy, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, disability, military status, genetic predisposition or carrier status or any other legally protected characteristic. This job description will be reviewed periodically as duties and responsibilities change with business necessity. Essential and marginal job functions are subject to modification.