Kids Korner Youth Development Leader
Hourly Rate: $15.00 per hour
Youth Development Leader
The Northern Middlesex YMCA is currently seeking Youth Development Leaders to join our team. Youth Development Leaders are on-site childcare workers through the YMCA that work at the before and after school programs located at the elementary schools in Middletown, Cromwell, and Portland as well as vacation programs at the YMCA.
LOCATION: Middletown, CT 06457
So who are we looking for?
An upbeat, engaging, creative, action orientated candidate with a passion for the Y that loves working with children! This is a tremendous opportunity to greatly impact the lives of children and families through YMCA programs. We are looking for staff that love working with youth in our community.
SKILLS, POSITION REQUIREMENTS AND COMPETENCIES
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- A minimum of 3 months of experience working with school-age children.
- Regular attendance at staff development workshops and staff meetings.
- Willing to obtain First Aid and CPR Certification, and Administration of Medication Training (Injectables and Oral) within first 60 days of employment.
- Complete CT CCDF Orientation once CPR, 1st Aid and medication certifications are achieved.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and/or reliable transportation to move from one program site to another program site when necessary.
- Plan, organize, and facilitate developmentally appropriate recreational, enrichment, and learning activities.
- Provide a safe, nurturing, and respectful environment for children in the program.
- Provide daily communication with parents, collect fees, and provide documentation when necessary.
- Maintain a positive working relationship with school personnel, and YMCA colleagues.
- Follow all YMCA Kids’ Korner Policy and Procedure and State of Connecticut Licensing Mandates.
- Excellent Communication skills: Verbal and Written.
- Creativity, excellent organizational skills, and willing to be a team player.
- Ability to be self-motivated and take initiative.
- Strong work ethic, enthusiasm and confidence.
The YMCA strives to deliver positive change in communities throughout Northern Middlesex County. Every day, our staff -- of all ages, backgrounds and life experiences -- works to bridge the gaps in community needs by nurturing the potential of children and teens, improving individuals' health and well-being and providing support to our neighbors.
The Northern Middlesex YMCA is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, and training. The Northern Middlesex YMCA makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.