Dean of Institutional Advancement
Dean of Institutional Advancement - Reposted
Community College Management Position (Manager 3)
Job Posting #FT190026
12-Month, Full-time (40 hours/week)
February 20, 2020 by 5 p.m.
The Dean of Institutional Advancement shall have demonstrated knowledge, experience and abilities in the following areas:
- Highly developed communications and interpersonal relations skills, including in academic settings;
- Success in private and public fundraising in a goal-oriented environment;
- Success working with volunteer foundations, including its board of directors and committees;
- Grant development and administration;
- Management of human resources in a technological and academic environment, including direct staff supervision and support of increased diversity;
- Ability to manage a substantial budget;
- Strategic and operational planning and implementation of said plans;
- Ability to interact favorably with and form strategic relationships with other state agencies, community and business leaders, the general public, and college faculty, administration, staff and students;
- Strong information technology skills as they pertain to fundraising and budget management, including database management systems, spreadsheets and application of computerized statistical systems;
- Maintaining complete confidentiality of student and donor records;
- Effective oral, written, and presentation skills;
- A minimum of three years of experience in higher education or similar complex environments preferred.
Applicants who do not meet the minimum qualifications as stated are encouraged to put in writing precisely how their background and experience has prepared them for the responsibilities of this position and provide appropriate references.
The Dean of Institutional Advancement will work on projects, programs and initiatives that will improve student enrollment and retention; expand campus initiatives; promote MCC and MCC Foundation’s image through creative marketing; make concerted efforts to engage and cultivate legislative and community organizations to partner with the college in a variety of methods; and identify, develop and cultivate long-term relationships with corporations, nonprofit foundations, state and federal government departments and related individuals towards potential opportunities for additional resource acquisition for the purpose of preparing and submitting proposals and/or grant applications according to their required criteria and deadlines, or to solicit non-grant funds from these same or other sources.
The Dean of Institutional Advancement is accountable for cultivating the financial support of the college from sources external to the college’s regular funding, as well as coordinating with Marketing and Public Relations, in alignment with the college’s and the MCC Foundation’s strategic plans, towards effective performance in these essential functional areas:
- Identifying and developing funding sources
- Cultivating and soliciting voluntary fund sources
- Safeguarding and accurate accounting of the Foundation’s various funds
- Marketing, communications, public relations and strategic planning, related to both the Institutional Advancement program and MCC Foundation activities
- Attendance and participation at convocation and commencement ceremonies;
- Service on assigned committees and task forces;
- Attendance and participation at committee, staff, information and professional meetings; these may involve attendance at several evening or weekend events each year.
$89,217-$102,362 approximate annual salary, with full benefits package
Please reference job posting number FT190026 on application materials. Email letter of intent, resume, employment application, all transcripts (unofficial copies acceptable at the application stage), and the names of three professional references to GeninfoHumanResources@manchestercc.edu
Employment application materials must be complete and will not be considered if not submitted in their entirety. When filling out application, please do not refer to see resume or CV; this will not be acceptable.
Manchester Community College is committed to providing a safe campus community. MCC conducts background investigations for applicants being considered for employment. Background investigations include reference checks, a criminal history record check and, when appropriate, a financial (credit) report or driving history check.
Continuing Notice of Nondiscrimination
Manchester Community College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious creed, age, gender, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital
status, ancestry, present or past history of intellectual disability, learning disability or physical disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information or criminal record. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies: Debra Freund, Chief Diversity Officer, Manchester Community College, Great Path, P.O. Box 1046, Manchester, CT 06045-1046, SSC L277.
Manchester Community College is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and strongly encourages the applications of women, minorities, persons with disabilities, and veterans.