- Provides advice and counsel to all areas of Eversource Energy on the best approaches to communicating digitally with specific audiences.
- Works collaboratively and advises internal business partners to help streamline the digital customer experience.
- Executes day-to-day web updates and edits copy for an online audience; develops larger digital projects.
- Incorporates both quantitative and qualitative analysis to develop strategic content recommendations.
- Understands how to make online content findable, easy-to-understand and actionable for users.
- Supports a wide array of digital external communications, including website updates during emergency and storm restoration events.
- Brainstorms effective digital solutions to engage, inform and influence stakeholders.
- Develops, supports and guides strategic messaging across digital platforms.
- Develops both internal and external relationships and identifies opportunities that enhance Eversource’s reputation for customer service and leadership in the utility field.
- Mentors and motivates other communications staff with respect to digital online storytelling best practices. Collaborates and contributes to online and brand guidelines.
- Seeks out digital best practices and demonstrates an ability to keep up with evolving technology and trends.
- Thinks and executes visually.
- Works collaboratively across various teams that support the website.
Technical Knowledge/Skill: Ability to use basic computer applications (Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint), as well as basic digital photo (Photoshop) and HTML editing skills. Excellent written communication skills, especially as they apply to digital channels. Excellent interpersonal skills.
Requires a Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Journalism, Public Relations, Business or related equivalent.
At least five years previous experience using an online content management system in a business environment. Minimum of eight (8+) years working in communications, most of that experience working in digital channels.
Licenses & Certifications:
- Must be available to work emergency storm assignment as required.
- Must be available to travel between MA/CT/NH as necessary.
Mental Aspects: Leadership Behaviors/Competencies:
Set and Communicate Direction and Priorities
- Know the business plan and how your role connects to it
- Identify problems, issues; take responsibility for resolution
- Set high standards for self; deliver quality performance
- Raise ideas for improvement
- Communicate, communicate, communicate
Build Trusting Relationships
- Follow through on commitments made to manager, colleagues, and customers.
- Address difficult or controversial issues and encourage others to do the same.
- Have honest dialogue with others
Manage and Develop People
- Set performance goals that align with department and company goals
- Meet regularly with your supervisor/manager to discuss your performance
- Seek opportunities to develop skills and gain knowledge through on the job opportunities, i.e. working on projects, attending meetings, etc.
Foster Teamwork and Cross-functional Collaboration
- Work collaboratively within and across the organization to achieve “One Company” and other goals
- Recognize and address cross functional implications of your work
Create a Diverse, Inclusive Workforce
- Incorporate the diverse ideas and perspectives of team, colleagues, and customers in your work
- Proactively seek out opportunities to improve business performance and customer service.
- Respond positively to new demands or circumstances
- Exhibit a “can-do” attitude to support changes in priorities and work processes
Focus on the Customer
- Deliver superior service to our customers, both internal and external, in a reliable, attentive, courteous, quality, proactive and timely manner