Administrative Assistant / Legal Secretary
Energetic and personable individual sought for busy personal injury and criminal practice in Middletown, Connecticut.
Experience in Personal Injury and/or Criminal Law is preferred.
Daily duties of this task include, but are not limited to:
- Requesting, organizing and disclosing medical records
- Drafting and proofreading correspondence with counsel, insurance adjusters and clients
- Drafting, proofreading, editing, and filing documents, motions, pleadings, appearances, etc (Familiarity with Connecticut E-Services is preferred)
- Dictation for various client files
- Maintaining client files and databases
- Greeting and helping clients
- Answering telephones and maintaining office and attorneys' schedules
- Special projects as assigned
Professional and personable demeanor necessary due to frequent contact with clients
Computer skills (including, but not limited to, familiarity with: Word, Excel, Outlook, and Adobe Reader)
Grammatical and proofreading ability
Highly organized and able to multi-task
Be comfortable in a fast-paced but fun-loving environment
*This position requires extensive telephonic communication with clients, other law firms, and courthouses.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $15.00 - $20.00 per hour
- Paid time off
- Monday to Friday
- No travel
- Middletown, CT 06457: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Litigation: 1 year (Preferred)
- Microsoft Excel: 1 year (Preferred)
- Adobe Acrobat: 1 year (Preferred)
- Editing: 1 year (Preferred)
To apply please click HERE.