POSITION SUMMARY: The Quality Technician will report to and assist the Quality Manager with a variety of quality functions as follows:
· Fulfill daily responsibilities in a fast paced, team based manufacturing environment while maintaining and upholding Ripley’s core values.
· Support manufacturing by measuring and assessing first piece and in-process product quality using a variety of measurement techniques including: traditional surface plate layout techniques, variety of hand gauging methodologies and automated inspection equipment.
· Responsible for performing First Article Inspection and validating reports, as applicable.
· Responsible for creating Quality Control Plans.
· Initiate MDR’s (Material Discrepancy Report) and RCCA’s (Root Cause & Corrective Actions) for non-conforming parts and logging pertinent information in the MDR database.
· Process all MDR’s after Material Review Board meeting based on final disposition.
· Responsible for facilitating RMA’s. Perform data gathering and evaluation (root cause analysis) of quality problems, and recommends verbal and/or written corrective action to management as required.
· Internal auditing to ISO 9001:2015 Standards
· Perform gage calibration and maintenance of calibration records
· Support organizational improvement activities by acting as a team member for improvement functions.
· Support organizational departmental cross training initiatives by becoming cross trained in various skill blocks within the Quality function as defined and agreed upon by Quality Manager.
· Interact effectively with co-workers, management and production personnel to resolve problems.
· Provide mentoring and assistance to support Quality Inspector
· Reviews all inspection records to ensure all inspection points have been completed.
· Maintains all records of all inspections and corrections.
· Responsible to maintain a clean and safe working environment.
· Handles all projects assigned by QM within the scope of the position.