Home Delivery Associate/ Driver
Home Delivery Associate / Driver
Middletown, CT 06457
Best Cleaners is seeking an enthusiastic Home Delivery Associate to join our close-knit organization. We provide a variety of exceptional garment-based services including dry cleaning and tailoring.
Home Delivery Associates play an important part in giving our customers the excellent service that makes us successful. You will transport garments within our delivery areas to our customers homes and businesses, assist with duties in the location that processes the garments, and actively solicit new customers to grow the route.
The ideal Home Delivery Associate has an outgoing professional appearance, a positive demeanor and a high attention to detail.
For full-time Home Delivery Associates, we offer:
- Starting compensation of $10.50-$13 an hour based on experience PLUS Incentives/Bonus
- Health and Life Insurance
- Vacation and holidays
- Discounted dry cleaning at our facilities
- Potential for growth into new positions
For nearly 60 years, Best Cleaners has been the premier provider of dry cleaning services to the Greater Hartford area. Whether it's tailoring, bridal gown preservation, or our environmentally-friendly GreenEarth dry cleaning services, we pride ourselves in giving our customers an outstanding experience. With 11 locations, we are an active member of the community. To learn more about us, please visit our website at www.bestcleaners.com.
Duties and Responsibilities for Home Delivery Associates Include:
- Maintain above and beyond customer relations
- Use courteous driving maneuvers; Abide by all traffic laws
- Pick up any bags left out by customers and return them to the processing location
- Load orders in van in order listed on manifest
- Deliver orders to our customers; place orders in the designated area at their delivery location
- Solicit and aquire new customers to grow the route utilizing company sales procedures
- Handle customers' inquiries and requests on the phone and in-person
- Learn and become proficient in our point of sale system
- Monitor mechanical condition of the delivery vehicle
- Any additional tasks assigned by the Home Delivery Manager or upper management
Requirements for Home Delivery Associates Include:
- A positive, customer first, attitude
- Valid Connecticut driver's license and a safe driving record
- Attention to detail, accuracy
- Flexible schedule with some Saturday availability
- Basic computer skills
- Quick problem-solving ability
- Excellent communication skills