Primary Responsibility: Manage and purchase all non-licensed gifts and journals for the bookstore, including sales-floor merchandising.
Working closely with sales reps, this position will set up a schedule for ordering, reordering, and delivery of gift items for each season, as well as work closely with the books merchandiser, focusing on key holidays and university events. By maintaining a vibrant and unique selection, this position represents both the RJ Julia and Wesleyan University brands.
- Enter SKU data and create purchase orders in bookstore point of sales system.
- Order items from vendors as needed.
- Maintain proper inventory levels. Buy products with promotions in mind. Look for and research new products.
- Insure inventory accuracy by receiving according to established procedures.
- Perform in-depth analysis and management of key categories for each season.
Job Type: Part-time