Hobson & Motzer, Inc. is a Durham, CT Manufacturer with an excellent opportunity for an experienced NC Setup Operator.
Working as a team, you’ll be responsible for set up and operation of CNC machines, while maintaining superior operating efficiency and quality. Specific job duties include:
- Effectively install fixtures and work pieces in CNC machines; Use indicators to verify set-ups.
- Maintain machines, coolant and oil levels; Remove and replace dull/broken cutters.
- Accurately measure finished work pieces using precision measuring equipment.
- Read and interpret inspection results to make machine offset adjustments.
- Monitor machine operation and control panel displays.
- Work with others to resolve malfunctions and production errors.
- Troubleshoot program, fixture and tooling problems.
- Monitor machine maintenance, tool life, fixture condition to increase uptime.
- Maintain accurate setup and production records.
- Maintain a safe, clean work area applying 5S methods.
The following are not required but would be a plus:
- Experience with the use of macro variables to control machine and offset functions
- Write and modify programs to account for problems encountered during operation
- Calculate machine speed and feed ratios for various types of cutting tools
- 3+ years related CNC setup experience
In order to be considered, candidates will need to meet the following requirements:
- High school diploma or GED
- A positive attitude is required
- Ability to exercise judgment and make decisions
- Form working relationships throughout the organization
- Capable of planning and organizing work to achieve desired results
Hobson & Motzer offers a competitive benefits package including medical, dental, life insurance, AD&D, STD/LTD, retirement plan/401(k) and annual discretionary profit sharing bonus. If you are interested in joining a stable, growth-oriented and innovative organization where you can make a difference, please click the link below to apply.
Job Type: Full-time