Join a fast paced and exciting hospitality environment, with a focus on group room block and catering sales. Develop business through direct sales solicitation for an assigned territory or market segment(s). Home and career life balance are a priority for our team. We encourage creativity, out of the box thinkers and productivitywith the reward of a fantastic bonus program.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Establish client base of individuals, organizations, associations, social, and/or corporate through direct outside and inside selling to secure business for the hotel to ensure that rooms nights sales and revenue goals are met or exceeded. Activity prospect quality new business.
- Achieve personal and team goals as assigned.
- Negotiate guest room rates, meeting room rental, function space, and/or hotel services within approved booking guidelines. Accurately produces and/or review all sales contacts. Rate agreements, and/or banquet/catering event orders.
- Monitor and handle inquiry calls and provide clients proposals in accordance with established departmental policies and procedures.
- Work closely with other hotel departments to facilitate services agreed upon by the sales office and prospective clients. Disseminate sales-related information to other departments as appropriate.
- Arrange and conduct special events, site inspection and off-site presentations for potential clients. Entertain clients in accordance with established company and hotel policies and guidelines.
- Maintain client files and update information daily in accordance with established departmental policies and procedures. Produce monthly sales-related reports and sales forecast for assigned area of responsibility.
- Attend and represent hotel at trade shows and convention and/or participate in sales trips to key feeder markets.
- Follows up with clients regularly during and after departure to ensure satisfaction and secure future bookings.
- Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other departments. Key departmental contacts include all hotel departments.
- Interact with outside contacts:
- Guests – to ensure their total satisfaction
- Airlines, wholesalers, corporate accounts, travel agencies, ad agencies, etc. – to ensure repeat business follow up onevents, and generate new business.
- Other contacts as needed (Professional organizations, community groups)
- May assist in developing and implementing sales plans. May also participate in the annual budgeting and planning process.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- May serve as “Manage on Duty” as required
This job is a sales professional with established sales goals.
QUALIICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
2 years hotel sales experience preferred. College degree, plus 1-2 years sales or marketing related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience. Related degree preferred. Must speak fluent English. Other languages preferred.
This job requires ability to perform the following:
- Frequently standing up or moving within and outside of the facility
- Carrying or lifting items weighing up to 25 pounds
- Handling objects
- Communication skills are utilized a significant amount of time when interacting with others; demonstrated ability to interact with guests, employees and third parties that reflects highly on the hotel, the brand and the Company.
- Reading and writing abilities are utilized often when completing paperwork and management reports, interpreting results, giving and receiving instructions and training.
- Mathematical skills, including basic math, budgeting, profit/loss concept, percentages and variances are utilized frequently.
- Problem solving, reasoning, motivating, organization and training abilities are used often.
- Ability to travel to attend workshops. Tradeshows, conventions, etc.
- Valid Driver License required.
- May be required to work, nights, weekends and/or holidays.
The statements in this job description are intended to describe nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be ALL responsibilities or qualifications of the job.
Job Type: Full-time
- OPERA SYSTEM: 1 year (Required)
- Sales: 4 years (Required)
Typical deal size:
- Office or call center
- 6-9 months