Part of a nation wide family of Continuing Care Retirement Communities, Covenant Village of Cromwell is seeking a RN Supervisor for our Skilled Nursing facility.
Every other weekend, 1st shift, 2nd shift and 3rd shift available.
In this role, the Registered Nurse – RN will:
- Assuring compliance with all resident care related regulations (e.g., medication management)
- Documenting and providing accurate record-keeping, as appropriate
- Demonstrating personal/resident safety methods and procedures
- Verifies that the resident's physician and family is notified when there is a significant clinical development in the resident's condition or if the resident requires immediate medical care.
- Makes decisions concerning staffing in the facility such as replacing call outs, authorizing overtime and reassigning personnel when appropriate
The ideal candidate will have:
- Graduate of an approved school of nursing, required.
- Currently licensed, in good standing, as a Registered Nurse in the state of Connecticut, required.
- Two years of experience in geriatric, restorative and/or rehabilitative nursing
- Ability to work within standard policies and procedures, required.
- Tact and excellent communication skills (written and verbal, English), and be ability to communicate effectively with administration, staff, and residents, required.