Licensed Practical Nurse, LPN, Part-time
Covenant Living of Cromwell
We Are Inspired to Serve. Join us!
Part of a nation wide family of Continuing Care Retirement Communities is seeking a part time Licensed Practical Nurse, LPN charge nurse to work every other weekend on the day shift from 7:30 am to 3:30 pm for a total of 16 hours per pay period.
This position to ensure that quality care is delivered through monitoring of staff performance, physician contact, care planning and daily resident observation. This position also provides direct care to residents. All this is done according to nursing standards of practice, standard procedures, and established State and Federal regulations for skilled nursing facilities.
In this role, the Licensed Practical/Vocational Nurse will:
- Assist routine daily direction and monitor the work of the nursing assistants on the unit, assuring a high standard of nursing care and satisfactory completion of tasks.
- Assist in the orientation of new LPN/LVNs and nursing assistants and reinforce training standards to maintain a high quality of care.
- Provide explanation of nursing procedures and assistance to staff to assure ongoing understanding and training.
- Communicate on a regular basis with the Nurse Manager or Director of Nursing regarding observations, and suggestions of problem areas, resident and employee activities, concerns, needs, conditions, etc.
- Observe and evaluate residents' health, mental and emotional conditions and communicate significant changes to appropriate staff. When indicated is responsible for notifying the physician and family members according to prescribed procedures.
- Provide direct patient care as appropriate including, but not limited to, procedures such as catheter placement and care, colostomy care, suction, dressings, naso-gastric tubes and other treatments.
- Participate in report at the beginning and end of shifts to assure proper information about residents is communicated.
- Assist in the admission, orientation, and observation of new residents, assure that physician orders for diets, therapy, medication, etc. are transcribed and communicated according to procedure.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Graduate of an approved school of licensed practical/vocational nursing.
- Current license, in good standing, as an LPN/LVN in the State.
- One year nursing experience.
- Devotion to standards and principles of professional nursing.
For full time employees, we offer a generous benefits package that includes:
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Employer paid group term life and disability
- Paid Time Off (PTO) & six paid holidays
- 403(b) with a 3% employer match
- Various voluntary benefits:
- Life, AD&D
- Tuition assistance and scholarships
- Employee assistance program
- Legal services, home/auto insurance, discount purchasing program
- Pet Insurance
- Fitness center use at most facilities.
For more information about Covenant Retirement Communities, please visit www.covenantretirement.org.
For more information about CovenantCare at Home, please visit www.covenantcareathome.org.
Covenant Retirement Communities and CovenantCare at Home are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.