Part of a nation wide family of Continuing Care Retirement Communities: Covenant Village of Cromwell is seeking a part time Cook.
24 hours per week available.
In this role, the Cook will:
- Prepare and serve all food following standard recipes, product specifications, and portion sizes.
- Fill special diet orders following menu extension guidelines and tray cards.
- Follow the most current sanitation and food safety procedures including personal hygiene, monitoring and documentation of temperatures, and food storage including labeling and dating.
- Adhere to daily, weekly, and monthly scheduled cleaning and sanitation tasks.
- Ensure proper storage of foods and supplies at all times
- Follow procedures regarding cleaners or hazardous materials or objects, and fire safety.
- Promptly report any hazardous conditions, equipment, accidents and incidents.
- Understand, comply, and promote all policies regarding residents’ rights.
The ideal candidate will have:
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Three years of prior cooking experience, preferably in Healthcare or Long-Term Care.
- Desire to understand the needs of and work among a geriatric population.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills (written and verbal, English).
- Ability to handle a variety of tasks and responsibilities in a professional and prompt manner.
- Basic math skills, required.
- Punctuality and reliability, required.
- Must be ServSafe Certified