Summary: The role of a line cook is to prepare culinary delights for our guests and owners. Guest satisfaction in our restaurant revolves around the food appearance, high quality of the food and overall dining experience. The line cook is responsible for the daily preparation of food items in the pantry, fry stations or other areas of the kitchen.
- Greet each guest, enthusiastically and with a smile to create a friendly positive experience.
- Conforms to AAA Four Diamond Standards.
- Prepares a variety of meats, seafood, poultry, vegetables and other food items using Mediterranean recipes for cooking in broilers, ovens, grills, fryers and a variety of other kitchen equipment.
- Assumes 100% responsibility for quality of products served.
- Provide food allergies report to Chef.
- Accept all quest meal/food request.
- Knows and complies consistently with our standard portion sizes, cooking methods, quality standards and kitchen rules, policies and procedures.
- Stocks and maintains sufficient levels of food products at line stations to assure a smooth service period.
- Portions food products prior to cooking according to standard portion sizes and recipe specifications.
- Maintains a clean and sanitary work station area including tables, shelves, grills, broilers, fryers, pasta cookers, sauté burners, convection oven, flat top range and refrigeration equipment.
- Prepares item for broiling, grilling, frying, sautéing or other cooking methods by portioning, battering, breading, seasoning and/or marinating.
- Follows proper plate presentation and garnish set up for all dishes.
- Handles, stores and rotates all products properly.
- Completes required tasks within assigned time frames.
- Tracks and reports any food waste.
- Assists in food prep assignments during off-peak periods as needed.
- Opens and/or closes the kitchen properly and follows the closing checklist for kitchen stations. Assists others in closing the kitchen.
- Cooks only items generated from the restaurant point-of-sale system
- If a meal is returned for any reason, correct the problem and provide a written report the return to the manager.
- Check all deliveries before signing documents.
- Ensure floors are safe, remove debris, grease, water, etc.
- Perform all other duties as assigned by management.
- Fully aware of and comply with Inn’s policies and procedures as identified in the procedure manual and handbook.
- Adhere to all Health and Safety policies and procedures.
Job Type: Full-time
- Line Cook: 1 year