Plans, organizes, controls, prepares and serves resident meals in strict compliance with facility policies and local, state, and federal laws applicable to health care institutions. Suggests creative ways to meet residents’ needs, to adopt recipes or menus to use leftovers.
- Must be knowledgeable of cooking, sanitation practices and procedures, laws, regulations, and guidelines governing long term care facilities.
- Ability to read, write and understand English, perform simple math calculations, measure and record data.
- Attention to detail, good follow through skills and ability to prioritize multiple tasks.
- Ability to supervise and instruct others.
- Previous experience in a hospital or long term care facility preferred.
- Demonstrates cooperation in assisting others and ability to work as a team.
- Patience, tact, enthusiasm and a positive attitude toward the residents and their support networks.
Job Type: Full-time