Are you interested in farm fresh food? Does providing locally grown products to people put a smile on your face? Do you want to work for and with local CT farms? Do you have experience with CSAs? Then being a Lyman Orchards Perishables Associate is right for you!
The Perishables team keeps the produce, farm, dairy, cider, and garden departments looking fresh, stocked, and ready to go for customer shopping. The team also runs our CSA program outside.
Responsibilities may include but aren’t limited to:
- Setting up displays in the morning, breaking them down at night
- Restocking perishables department displays using FIFO
- Maintaining attractive merchandizing displays throughout the day
- Putting away product in designated area in Walk-in coolers
- Maintaining a clean and organized work space
- Completing daily and master cleaning sheets
- Cutting fruit/ processing vegetables as needed
- Bagging/repacking/labeling fruit and vegetables as needed
- Keeping seasonal plants watered/maintained
- Assist Perishables Lead in building new displays and mechanizing product
- Assist in CSA program- setting up and breaking down tables, handing out and building CSA Shares, prepping vegetables.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds throughout course of the day
- Ability to work independently and efficiently
- Must be 18 years or older
- Weekend availability is a must
- Experience in produce or working on a farm/farm stand/CSA Program preferred but not required
Job Type: Part-time